ASP.NET Core Localization Sample
The example contains localization in these topics:
- Display Attribute localization
- Validation Attributes localization
- Model Binding errors localization
- Using a Shared resource for Views and Controllers
- Allowing user to change culture at run-time
- Applying direction (rtl/ltr) based on the selected culture
The example is ready to run, you can get it and run it to see the result. Based on seleted culture from language menu, you can see localized content and validation messages for application. I've created this example as an additional resource for the answer of this question in stackoverflow: ASP.NET Core Model Binding Error Messages Localization.
The repository contains two projects for these versions:
- VS 2015, ASP.NET Core 1.1
- VS 2017, ASP.NET Core 2.0
You may want to pay attention to these parts of the project for settings:
Configuremethod in Startup.cs for localization condigurations. Here we enable localization and also provide localization for framework model binding error messages. Also here we introduce cultures which the application suppports.
_Layout.cshtmlfile which we added Language menu and localized menu.
_ViewImports.cshtmland the way we injected a shared localizer to use a
Shared.xx.resxin all views.
Resourcesfolder which contains resx files.
SampleModelclass which annotated by data annotations attribute.
Homecontroller which we used to set culture.
Index.cshtmlto see the way which we used
SRwhich is injected in